How Access Control Saves Businesses Time and Money
Access control systems provide businesses with a number of security benefits and protect property, assets, and people, but they can also save companies time and money. Access control offers opportunities for significant investment returns and increases profit directly and indirectly. In this blog post, we’ll dive into the benefits of access control and how it can reduce costs while improving efficiency. If you’re looking for a cost-effective, secure way to operate, access control is the answer.
Commercial Access Control Systems
In broad terms, access control systems for commercial properties enable staff to control who, when, and where access to an area can be granted. Access control systems are a convenient and cost-effective way to improve security, protect property and assets, and provide opportunities for businesses of all sizes to operate more efficiently.
Benefits of Access Control for Your Bottom Line
Eliminate Re-Keying – traditional lock and key security systems pose significant security risks for property managers. Re-keying locks can easily cost thousands of dollars depending on the size of your operation. By eliminating this process, businesses can manage access quicker and more effectively, saving time and money.
- Late employees can cost businesses tens of thousands of dollars. Access control offers visibility to tardy employees, providing grounds for corrective action.
- Access control also gives employees the freedom to work when they need to. In a hybrid environment, employees can enter or exit the office at different times using credentials without waiting for security personnel or managers to let them in. You can provide your employees with a flexible work environment while monitoring activity remotely.
Reduce Energy Costs
- Integrating access control systems with other systems on your property, like lighting, can save on energy costs as you can program your lights to turn on and off as users access certain areas.
- They can also be integrated with your HVAC to cool and heat areas of your building when they’re in use.
- Parking guidance systems reduce emissions and create a greener, more sustainable parking operation.
Reduce Theft and Damage to Property
- Access control systems secure entry and exit to a given property reducing the risk of theft, vandalism, and property damage. Electronic access control systems are one of the most effective ways to protect a company’s assets, equipment, and property. If people know they are being surveilled, they are less likely to commit crimes and more likely to be caught.
- Electronic access control systems provide companies protection and the ability to monitor activity without being on-site, reducing the need to hire security personnel.
Improve Revenue Collection
- For parking operations, parking access control systems facilitate secure, reliable transactions and eliminate the need for human operators for traffic control and collecting payment.
- Access control for apartment buildings allows monitoring of undocumented residents. Real-time reporting enables building managers to identify unsanctioned tenants and the data to remove them from the building.
- In rent-controlled areas, property managers can easily see who is illegally subletting the space and provides the data to remove them, resetting the base rent calculation and facilitating ROI.
Access Control Installation
Access control systems can be integrated with your existing network or as a stand-alone system depending on your business needs. On average, installation for a card reader takes about 30-60 minutes, one hour for door controllers, and 2-5 hours for software and database integration. The number of entry points, amount of data, and complexity of technology may increase installation time.
Access Control Cost
While the initial investment in an access control system may seem steep, commercial access control systems pay for themselves within a year. The main factors that affect how much access control companies charge depending on the type of access control, level of sophistication, and size of your business. According to PriceItHere.com, access control systems in 2022 cost:
- Typical hardware cost per entry door $1,229
- Average set up for 150+ person office $3,200
- Average set up for 300+ person office $12,950
- Software management fees range from $27 to $95 per month.
For the most accurate quote for your business, contact Access Professionals for a free estimate today.
Businesses often spend time and money securing their locations, but access control systems make this process easier and more reliable. In addition, businesses lose revenue due to theft or damaged property. Access control systems help to reduce this by increasing security and protecting assets. Employees are also more productive when they have autonomy and a sense of security in the workplace. All of these benefits add up to a cost-effective way for businesses to operate.
Access Professional Systems
Access Professionals has delivered customized solutions with superior service for over 45 years. Our technology experts design tailored electronic access control systems that can meet your needs and budget. Whether you need commercial access control, gate automation, video surveillance, or parking control solutions, our highly-trained professionals oversee every step of the process, from installation to user training and maintenance. With over 14,500 successful projects completed, trust APS for industry-leading solutions and unmatched service. Get a free estimate today or call us directly at 853-223-9982 (CA) or 602-737-2081 (AZ).
We look forward to hearing from you!